Re: Streamline Travel Home

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Al Cottler on March 13, 2001 at 16:43:20:

In Reply to: Re: Streamline Travel Home posted by Tom Patterson on March 13, 2001 at 00:58:25:

Tom,
The only parking brakes I have will be the service brakes, cable actuated. I have no evidence of a driveshaft/trans brake. If I did, I would likely not rely on it-I've never seen one that worked right, or reliably.
I am working on getting the cables from the service brakes run to a handle gizmo. On mine, there are levers attached to the brake shoes (rear, I think). There is a hole in the backing plate where the flexible housing and cable feed through, and a bead on the cable end that hooks on the lever. Same as on an ordinary auto/pickup arrangement.
You might be missing the levers, but there ought to be a place for the cable. I am unfamiliar with the Timken, but I suspect a local brake parts supplier can set you up with all the parts - they have to be pretty standard.
Re: tires. Interesting. Confirmation that the original set up was "super single" tires, a Firestone invention. I still have them on the front only. The spare is an ancient Firestone 12.50x16.5 nylon tire, marked "super single".
What load range tire did you put on? Curious as to brand too, since you are in hot country. Have you weighed your coach yet? Mike? I'm chicken
-Al.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.