Re: Streamline Travel Home

[ Follow Ups ] [ Streamline Message Board ]

Posted by Al Cottler on March 16, 2001 at 18:04:13:

In Reply to: Re: Streamline Travel Home posted by Tom Patterson on March 16, 2001 at 00:19:34:

Well, I surely understand your postion. I just wanted to advance my thought, somehwhat biased because my rear end has provision for emer. brakes, and my prior poor experience with the trans mounted brakes.
I admit I am in over my head here. I do see delivery vans etc use the parking brake - they "bounce" if not completely stopped before application.
Before going to extremes to resurrect the Ford original, I might suggest checking into the cost and perhaps trying to find some kind of van, truck, etc and attempt to determine the brakes efficacy as an Emergency Brake.
If difficult to find the parts, I'd go for the Disc Parking brake. I'll try to hunt up the information I found on that.
My only experience with larger trucks is with semis - in emergency you dump the air and that locks up the brakes.
Ditto on the hydraulic lock - I have one as a parking brake, but it doesn't work unless you can pressurize the system.
Glad to hear your engine is coming along. I agree about the power - my 460 (or unknown vintage) is sure zippy. Keeps up with anyone.
Brakes, tires, then down the road....
-Al.

Follow Ups:

HWForums.com Message Forums
Copyright © 2001 HighWired Internet Innovations Inc. All rights reserved.