The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Rims

Silver Port is correct,
So-called split rims come in Center Split Wheel, two piece split rim, three
piece split rim, three piece tubeless split rim using a giant O ring. There
may be more I have not had hands-on experience. Some big trucks and cranes
still come with split rims and only in big truck and heavy equipment sizes
serviced only by heavy industry service companies. No vehicle in a light
truck or car size is serviced by anybody that I know of and are strictly
prohibited by company and insurance policy. Tire shops are prohibited from
even checking the air pressure for you. No company, not even heavy service
will even check the air pressure on a two piece center split wheel, which is
commonly called the suicide wheel. I have six on one truck. Even I won't
check the air on those and I own the truck.

-Eddie-
Houston, TX