The Silver Streak E-mail List

[SilverStreak] Re: Silver Streak Digest V1 #577 Help with getting new tires

We have a 72 Continental Supreme. Tires on it are 6 lug 17.0  15LT  Load
range D Goodyear nylon trailer tires. I don't know how old?  4 on trailer
one is flat.  One spare.  All have the split rim(?) that the tire stores
don't want to touch.

Restoration should be far enough to go out this july for trip.  What advice
do you have?

Should we put the spare on with the other split rims and run until something
pops.  Then no one will fix them or replace them all?  Stranded on the first
camping trip??

What would be best to replace them?   Tires, Wheels etc.   Most cost
effectively?

Thanks

Parkinsons