Re: [VAL]Bargman 99

Thanks Eddie.
Found them the other day with a Google search.  Was surprised at the low
prices. I remember those kind of things being over 100 bucks each years ago.

I understand the limitations on direction for LEDs.
My tail lights (I assume all Bargman 99s are this way) mount the bulb
sideways so I have to make sure the brightest point points toward the rear
and because of that the 1157-R24 will not work for me.  That would not point
to aft of the trailer but sideways.
I probably will opt for either the 1157-R30 or 1157-PCB-R36 wide and a bit
of double sided tape to stick the PCB to the back frame pointing directly
aft. Gotta take measurements and check direction of bulb and proper
placement before I order.  Might look funny if the tail light has one bright
spot off center.
Thanks for the note on color. I didn't think of that but yes it makes sense
that the White LEDs using multi colors to make white (brown and blue) would
not work well through a red lens.

Thanks for the advise and I will keep them in mind to keep the temps down
inside the fixture.
But first the wiring has to be replaced and I need to get the existing
fixtures tested. The tail lights look good so I presume they work. Replaced
the side lights already with tear drop fixtures I got from
www.vintagetrailersupply.com. Testing scheduled for later in the project.
I still have the plumbing and brakes to fix, floors, cabinets, to rebuild as
well as the propane system to replace. Most is gone already. Tanks,
Regulator, Lines from tanks to kitchen area. Still have the line that feeds
the missing gas lamp in the rear. Going to just remove the line and forget
the gas lamp. The one in the living area is going to be rigged for a 12 volt
light but retain the fixture as much as I can by running the wires through
the gas feed for it if I can.

I'm going to have to recruit a bit of help for the floors and plumbing
though.

--
Warren
1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.