Re: [VAL]Bargman 99

I bought a box of 6 Bargman 99 for $37 in Dec 2007. I can't recall if
included shipping. Price may now be higher. When I saw your post I quit
procrastinating for my intended reorder. I have emailed and called that
seller. I am awaiting a reply. I talked to Steve Hingtgen VTS and he
confirms out of stock and is working on the problem, presently unresolved
with a lost contact.

Details of what I bought:
A reproduction, stating new UV stabilized process. Each lens came with a
dark grey dense urethane gasket seal, the center of that gasket which he
includes for use as a coaster, and three stainless screws intended for
Airstream use. Too short for my use, I bought longer SS screws. Extremely
well packed. Had plenty. Said he spent $10K on mold. Said whole run had
defects. I could not find the defect so had to have him point out. Defect
was inside the lens, 1/2" area almost too small to see, is a lighter
coloration of the tips of three circular raised ribs near the outer
perimeter. Lenses were a perfect replica with a purposely left off mold
printing to avoid copy right infringement requirement. I also had to have
that pointed out to me and compare to the old. The lens color is very bright
red and as good or better than one NOS I had. The reflector diamonds are a
foil imbedding process which he did duplicate with a reflection as good or
better than the OEM. I was extremely pleased.

This lens is used on Tom's Duchess shown on his site, and my 65 Count, not
just Airstream. The target market was Airstream. The 99 lens was used on a
lot of other brands and is very popular beyond Airstream. Like the Dietz 161
it stuck out unprotected and easily broken.

All 3 of our 66 Streamline Motor Coaches, and the 66 and 68 Countess use the
Dietz 161. Any help in recognizing the Dietz 161 you may have seen somewhere
would be appreciated. Somewhere on Tom's site is a picture.

Tom has tried to help me with the Dietz 161, such a common red tail light
lens used on just everything including utility trailers and now elusive. I
need at least 6.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX