Re: [VAL]Bargman 99

Warren,
The Bargman 2 had at least three pyramid styles. I have all and can get the
numbers. The trim rings at least 3 styles and at least two were stainless in
a two and four screw and one was steel that rusts. They are available but
expensive. The bad news with those is that the bases were thin soft aluminum
and never usable due to extreme corrosion so I have been having to remake.
Is not hard to do, but is a pain. The #2 were also not very reflective, if
at all compared to what you have. The #2 is also very small. You might
consider you are just as well off with the 99. The only part of the #2 that
is valuable is the glass lens and the stainless trim retainer ring. The
steel has little value.

The good news is the 99 lenses bases are also easily remade. There has been
discussion here for that and there are many methods including cut down cans
and simple X mounts people have done. You can look at your existing 99 bases
and perhaps make a extra set or use aluminum rattle can paint and a good
coating on a cleaned base. You might want to do that now to save further
rusting. The aluminum paint will also make the light brighter for the better
than new reflective of the paint. Paint both sides, but keep it out of the
socket with a tissue. Grease the socket when done, like modern vehicles use
to keep the bulb connection and avoid corrosion.

I have also taken the base and relocated the bulb for a better position to
use LED 1157 instead of the very hot incandescent. I did this on the Dietz
161 and the Bargman 99. Somewhere Tom has a picture of a conversion that may
or may not interest. The new LED bulbs have little heat, are brighter, and
cannot fail unless voltage exceeds 15.0 volts. The LED has no filaments to
break or burn out. The LED power consumption is that of about 23
incandescent saving alternator, battery and wire heat.

The best news is there is no doubt you will get the seller for direct
contact and purchase. I know he has at least 1000 Bargman 99 lenses. His UV
stabilized lens is also extremely impact and shatter resistant. He is just a
nice person with a young family. I really like him and we quickly became
friends.
-Eddie-
Houston, TX