Re: [VAL] This is just how it is .....

If you have ever been to the International Rally, you will see what
amounts to an instant city of 3,000 to 4,000 people that springs up in
the middle of an empty space, provides water, electricity, sewage,
traffic control, mail and other services for about 2 weeks and then
disappears.  This is all done by an army of volunteers. I used the word
army on purpose, because without all the rules and regulations, it
couldn't happen.  I imagine a big caravan would be the same.

When we come into the International, we are on a sort of freedom, Easy
Rider, don't fence me in kind of mode and running into the rules is
sometimes irritating. When the enforcer of the rules is cranky, rude and
makes their own rules it can really spoil what should be a great get
together.

Since the Vintage Club has more than an average number of outspoken
mavericks, we often rock the boat.  I suspect that rocking is more fun
than being the captain of the boat, but we should consider what Charlie
suggests, partly to be sure that the VAC isn't unfairly treated, but
mostly because I think we are sort of the holders of the Wally torch.
He was selling trailers and selling a lifestyle along with it, but the
sense of adventure does seem to be missing at the International.  If
nothing else, the volunteers should be given some sort of reminder that
being helpful and friendly to everyone is job one.

Daisy ( piling sugar beets near the Canadian border in ND)