Re: [VAL] This is just how it is .....

My experience so far has been that just getting someone to volunteer to
be an officer at any level is a challenge. The number of ex-military is
just an indication of how many have forgotten the old adage "don't
volunteer". They've just got to get in there and make things happen.
This year at the July IBT there were actually two people who threw their
names in the hat for Third Vice President. And if you recall two years
ago there were two candidates as well. The delegates actually got to
decide that one. Whoops! you would have to be a delegate to be part of
that. Of course the delegates voted based on what their individual unit
members decided. Wow, almost like a democracy!

It's a whole lot easier and more fun to sit back and pick rather than to
1. Figure out how the system works.
2. Involve yourself in the system.
3. Work your way up through the system.
4. Take over and change the system.

Just imagine if a small group of "concerned members" got together,
volunteered to become officers at their units, then regions and then at
the International level. Once two or three got into position they could
make some major correction, eh? Has anybody tried it?

The rather brief resume without stating positions on club matters makes
it even easier. Nobody will see them coming until its to late.

Charlie