Re: [VAL] refrigerators, rebuilding, &c

Warren,

Yes and no. The appliances used on most 60's and all 70's to current
Airstreams are or can be replaced by industry standard appliances. The
expense tends to be in the replacement procedure. Airstream,
particularly in the 70's and 80's tended to build the appliance into the
surrounding cabinetry, making it part of the overall structure. When I
took the refer out of my Argosy just to burp it, I had to remove 16
screws and the cabinet end panel just to get it out. Where as a typical
SOB installation would need 4-6 screws removed.
Now the vent is unique to Airstream. They used some variation, built in
the plant, until the mid 90's. They then changed over to using
Fan-Tastic Vents. The Fan-Tastic is the replacement of choice for all of
Airstreams square vents. You can still get bits and pieces for the old
vents, lids, motors and such but most don't.

Charlie