Re: [VAL] refrigerators, rebuilding, &c

    Pete & Warren,

>>snip That said, if you want to keep everything original, it will be more
>> difficult to maintain and more expensive because of the availability of
>> older parts.

    It is indeed possible to get original parts if you're willing to
doggedly track down every part from leads, eBay and others on this List.

    As many of you know, I have replaced every missing component on my '69
Caravel with factory original parts gotten that very way.  I do have a
handful of vintage Airstream yards that were quite helpful in my search.
Those contacts are available to anyone who wants them, just email me and
I'll send them to you.

    I can't say enough for finding the hard to get stuff on eBay.  Without
that resource, I'd still be hunting.  I'll bet I got over 50% of the
difficult items I needed that way.

    Good luck Warren and stay with this List.  There are a lot of nice folks
here and many of them are very knowledgeable about our Airstreams.

Glyn Judson
1969 Caravel #508
Santa Monica CA