Re: [VAL] Test and Question

Pete,

Getting dust in from poor seals around the wheel wells can be resolved
with shims, blocks, rivets, and caulk. It's more difficult, IMHO, to
stop leaks through windows and access doors. I don't know if this is a
surprise, but the air flow around an Airstream has low pressure on the
sides and top and high pressure at the butt end. Really. You will find
that the worst dust ingestion is through the back window or rear access
door. When I go down dirt roads, I use duct tape around the window and
door to ensure a total seal.

If you don't see dust around the other windows or door, it's because
they are in low pressure areas and the interior air is actually going
out past their edges if they aren't fully sealed. So you usually find
less or no dust there. And they are acting as vacuums to pull the air in
through poor rear end seals.

Roger
Palmer Lake, CO