Re: [VAL] Re: heater

One other possibility of a furnace problem is failure of the overheat
thermoswitch. This is a small snap-disk type of overheat sensor that is
mounted low on the front of the furnace behind the front cover on the newer
Suburban furnaces. Three years ago I replaced the furnace in my '64
Ambassador and the new Suburban furnace was erratic in starting and
operation and refused to keep running for very long. After hours of trouble
shooting over several days, I discovered that it was this small overtemp
thermoswitch which seemed to have an internal part come loose and cause the
erratic operation. A telephone call to the dealer I had purchased the new
furnace from brought me a new overtemp shutoff switch at no cost in the
next day's mail and the furnace has run like a charm ever since.
--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960