[VAL] Re: heater

I replaced the heater in our 1979 this fall. Ours was a bit more
difficult to get out than reported for earlier model years. There is an
aluminum extrusion that supports the oven above; this extrusion is too
low to allow the furnace to slide out. Rather than removing the oven-
which is extremely heavy- I took a chance by loosening it's mounting
screws and jacking it up with a bottle jack. This worked well. I
elevated the oven the 1/2" needed to slide the old heater out and
install the new one.

The only other difficulty was the new furnaces have reversed the
location of the gas line and the ducts. I solved this with a piece of
flex gas hose and a bit of sheet metal work.

Good luck,

Chris koehn
1979 International Sovereign 31'