RE: [VAL] Re: Heaters (was Heater Q from Russ)

Russ,
No problem operating it outside the trailer.  All you need is the 12V and a
gas source.  I had it done with mine.  I kept having a problem with my new
heater.  It would run forever but just when it got cold it would quit.  I
replaced sail switches and overheat switches with no avail.  Local repair
place was too busy to work on it in the trailer, so I pulled it and they
hooked it up for troubleshooting.  Of course everything worked as
advertised.  I had already replaced the thermostat so I knew it was good.  A
few weeks later it stopped again right in the middle of the night.  I
shorted the thermostat wires and it ran perfect.  I finally ran a new
thermostat wire and the problem was solved.  I guess the old wires had a bad
spot which would short sometimes which would run the heater continuously or
have an open other times which would shut it down.  Simple fix, no fun to
troubleshoot.  Might keep that in mind if it works uninstalled, but doesn't
work right in the trailer.
Pete