[VAL] Inverter running the frig??

O.k, I know my mind works in strange ways, but here it goes.

My frig works great on electric but not gas. On other Airstreams
I'd run down the road with the frig on gas and have a cold beer
waiting for me when I got there. But on this one, I can not do
it. So here's the question:

Can I plug in a 300watt inverter inside my trailer using the normal
12v cig. plug or directly to the battery, then use a doulbe ended male 110v
cord from the
output of the inverter into a 110v outlet in the trailer. This would
back feed AC current into the breaker box, thus giving me the AC
current to my frig. The heating element on the frig is about 230watt.

The car should keep the battery charged in the trailer.
Well, good/bad/fair????
The new frigs that are 12v/110v/gas systems do they "really"
have a different heating elements for each, or do they just use
a small inverter for the electric 110v element?

Paul Waddell
66 Overlander