[VAL] Fridge vent cover, my next project

    All,

    I'm soliciting opinions of you on how to approach my next project, the
replacement of the failing white plastic fridge vent cover on the roof with
a brand new, all aluminum one.  On the face of it, that's pretty much a no
brainer but for the fact that the new cover is 28" long and the old one is
only 24" long.  Besides that, they are identical in every way.

    As I removed the old one this afternoon and anticipated sectioning my
new one to fit the old mounting holes, the thought occurred to me that I
could fill those old holes (three rivets at each end) with pop rivets and
Vulkem and simply center the new cover over the vent and mount it in,  it's
entire 28" length.

    Aside from the fact that an experienced eye might note the difference,
the view from the ground would never suggest that the aluminum vent cover
was anything but the original.

    Thoughts, opinions?  Come one, come all.

    Standing by,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508
    Santa Monica CA