Re: [VAL] Fridge vent cover, my next project

Glyn,

I ran into the same problem with my 1964 Ambassador and after getting a new
28" long aluminum vent cover, and after studying RJ's nice write up of how
to modify a new one by cutting a section out of it, I decided that before
going that route that I like the appearance of the original one and after
removing it, used some epoxy and fiberglass tape to mend the two large
cracks in it by fiberglassing on the inside, then with a coating of epoxy
glue to fill the outside visible cracks, a bit of fine sanding, and a
couple coats of Rustoelum metallic aluminum spray paint, and it looks great
and right for the trailer and You don't notice that it has been repaired.

I also repaired the plastic vent hood at the same time as they were both
rather ratty. I'm very pleased with the old original ones now repaired.

--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960