Re: [VAL] Fridge vent cover, my next project

Hey Glyn:

That's essentially what I did several years ago.  The difference is only 2"
on either end.  Insignificant.  In my case, I didn't drill out the old
bucked rivets.  I have found that you have to knock the rivet bodies out
with a punch.  They are really jammed in.  So after grinding the heads off
to free the old vent, I just ground the remainder flush with the aluminum
skin.  Then placed the new vent to straddle the old rivets and vent flue.
IMHO, the small additional length is preferable to a joint in the middle of
the vent to make it shorter.  Besides, you probably would have a h... of a
time trying to hit the old rivet holes anyhow.

I just got some new plumbing vent covers from ASD and will have that
problem.  Maybe a template will work.  No choice there, really.

Later,

GQ '67 Safari in NorCA