Re: [VAL] generators and heaters

On the whole subject of heaters, here's my $0.02: I put a propane
burning "Cozy Cabin" in my '56 Bubble and it's very cozy indeed, and
there is an oxygen depletion sensor which supposedly turns the heater
off if the %O2 in the cabin drops to some predetermined safe level. I
hope never to need that feature but it's nice knowing that it's there.
The little heater heats up the interior very quickly and is efficient
in it's use of propane. And it's very cute. Made by Force 10, a
supplier of boating stuff such as stove tops and heaters.
	 Unless it's really cold, mostly I just light the propane stove top to
make a cup of hot chocolate; turn it off and jump into the sleeping
bag. I am quite warm all night but it does take a certain level of
bravery to crawl out and light the heater in the early a.m., since
there is no thermostat on the heater - it's either on or it's off.
Lighting the stove top to boil water for coffee takes the edge off as
well. Doesn't take much to warm up 13' x 7' interior but the bigger
rigs are another whole deal, I'm sure.
	I was surprised at how good the insulation looked in the shell when I
was tearing into that. All new insulation under the floor - lots. And a
foam layer under the new "Pergo" type floor and all of that helps too.
New tempered glass covered with 3M film at the windows and all new door
gaskets and window seals contribute to coziness or lack thereof and
should be considered in addition to just pouring on the coal.
	By the way, Daisy - I loved your explanations!!
Jo Ann