Re: [VAL] What to do for a bed?

Thanks Jo Ann,

I have been reading a lot about latex.  I think that is my answer if I can
get the layers right.  Today I found a custom bed place 120 miles away that
is willing to help me.  They are expensive but experienced.  They have a
comfort (top) layer with 44 ILD (firmness measure) that might be firm enough
for me.  The latex is really heavy at 5 lbs per square foot so it is
quality.  They get the latex from Latex International.  Supposedly a good
source.

I found one bed place on the net that said their beds where 6 lbs per two
cubic feet.  What a bunch of **** trying to confuse the poor buyer.  It's
actually 3# latex.  To answer a question in another thread the weight of a
bed does not often have much to do with a good sleep.  Depends alot on the
type of bed.  Heavier latex usually means better quality unless it has been
doped with other things to make it heavier.  Lotta crooks out there.  :)  I
actually can get a good sleep on a Coleman air bed.  It is very light.  I
just don't like the maintenance issues.

I have heard good of the Englander and will check it again.  I just have a
hunch that somebody selling close to me will be better since my back is
really tricky.  They will exchange layers to provide firmer or softer feel.
I'm also looking at building my own bed on the cheap.  Anymore you can get
all the components and save a thousand bucks.  Still researching that one
though.  So far I have conjured up a lot of help on the net and have some
interesting ideas.

One startup bed site I researched, and found his postings at web tutor
sites, mentioned his only goal was to relieve old ladies from their
expendable cash.  He did not know a thing about beds.  Gotta be careful out
there.

JimW