Re: [VAL] Adaptability - retaining the Look and Feel

I have to through my 2 cents worth in here. What has been stated about FM
broadcast band use and licensing is very correct however there are easy and
simple ways to do this. I speak as a commercial license holder that has
been involved with a regional Boy Scout Jamboree held at the local County
Fair Grounds a few years ago. Many FM commercial stations have portable
remote low power (10 watts on 94.7 Mhz as I recall in this case)
transmitters they can operate under their licence at remote locations, and
in this case, I donated use of an antenna and time to mount the antenna and
to prepare the location on the fairgrounds for the equipment. As I was not
involved in the actual event, nor was I involved in the operation of the
gear during the event, I was not there during its operation. Afterwards
when I was contacted to remove the gear, I was informed that it worked very
well and that they could be heard anywhere within five miles of the
fairgrounds by vehicles on the road.  My total expenditure in this project
was about three hours labor and materials that all came back to me and a
local broadcast station suppled the transmitter and operator/announcer/DJ
person.

So, if you find a school/college or small local FM station that is
interested in your cause, it can be done and quite easily for little cost...

--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960