[VAL] Adaptability - retaining the Look and Feel

Something I live and die with.  Major General Johnson (a great American),
who is the senior Marine in Iraq right now, and my boss for the last two
years, beat the "It's ok to ask "Why?" if you see a different and possibly
better way to accomplish / do something.  I ask Why? a lot on many things
now?  A lot of people get bent out of shape if you ask the "Why?" question
in fear of change!  Oh well, I'm all for the better way to do something.
I'm also, being a Marine, very supportive of Traditions.  The Marines are
leading the front on Technology - the "How" is changing...we are no longer
using Tin Cans and string to communicate, if you are, you will be defeated.
Change is good!  Adaptability is key to Marines success, and if WBCCI
modeled that, it would be for the better.  My old boss when I was a young Lt
in the Marines battered this thought into me....Think Smarter....not Harder.

On the current CB issue....Let's move forward.  Most everyone has an FM
radio in their tow vehicles today.  I happen to have a CB, but it is large
and sits on the floor for when I am on the road.  I don't put it in the
trailer when I am parked.  However, I do have FM in both the tow vehicle and
the trailer.  FM would be a much easier Information dissemination means,
just a little more coordination to ensure there is not a FM station in close
proximinity to the Rally site for use (no interference).  Just a thought.  I
could dial into the FM broadcast, while I am driving to and from the rally
convention area, as well as while I am in my trailer wondering what's going
on.  I have to ask, in this day, why a CB?  I can see it for a Caraven, but
a huge rally..I have to ask why?

Now, back to the Vintage stuff!  I just arrived home from towing my new to
me 1958 Sovereign of the Road.  I picked it up last Saturday in Bat Cave, NC
and towed it to Quantico, Va, cleaned it and stayed in it for the last week,
and departed last night on it's trip north to central NY.  Now, sitting in
the yard here is our 58 SOTR, our 65 Caravel, our 67 Tradewind, the 75
Argosy 22' Center L we just sold to a Newbie, and the 85 34' Limited that we
just sold last night.  The 58 (our rest of our life trailer) will soon be
gutted where I will restore all the interior, and sent on it's marry way to
Colin up at GSM Vehicles to begin the Re-new of the old.  We will keep it
original...but that doesn't mean I am putting in 1958 wire, 1958 insulation,
or 1958 batteries.  We will be updating, retaining the old look and feel,
but all new technology behind the skin...the behind the curtains if you
will.  This 58 did not come with 12V system, that was in the International
models as I understand.  But, during th "Re-newing" of this Jewel (#5215),
we will put in a new floor, new 12V / 110V systems, such that you will not
be able to tell.  Our adeventure will take it down to the bare bones, and
rebuild to like new.  New Zolatone too!  We are excited.  New floor, new
insulation, new electric wiring, Information Technology and Audio / Visual
wiring, new axles with brakes, and 30' of polishing to come.  This Liner
will be nice.

Maybe next year, I can drive in behind Bill's 54 Liner in Salem.  Would love
to know who else has a 58 Liner SOTR out there, or any Soverign of the Roads
out there.  I know Colin has his 57 model.  I'll be taking pictures and
getting them posted soon.  Bill, I'd love to hear what you are doing to the
54 Liner?

Give me a shout.  Anyone have a front window w/ frame for a 58 SOTR?

Rob