Re: Charlie Burke Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

Bill,

It would be nice to see suggestions of how to make things better rather than
hearing the same answers over and over.  The more things don't change the
more they stay the same.

I made statements and asked for ways to improve things - as others I've
talked with have discussed with me.  Believe me when I say I'm not alone
here with my thoughts.  My post/s are a result of what I and others have
been part of before, during and after the last Int'l rally.

I can't even get more than a handful of people here to even post any
suggestions about how to make things more enjoyable for all of us - it's not
just me.  However, I'm not afraid to voice my thoughts anywhere either.
Some people don't care, some don't want to get involved, some care but are
intimidated, some don't speak out of fear of the unknown, some don't speak
because they'd get booted off other list/s if they did, etc., etc.

I still haven't heard much if any suggestions other than Dr G's statement
that there are better ways of getting messages out than the CB radio.  This
is after all the year 2005 and CB's were *hot* back in the early to
mid-70's.  There are better ways of doing things.

What a shame others don't care to get involved in our discussion here.  I'm
glad it's at least able to  happen here as other list/s wouldn't let us
express ourselves freely without getting the boot so to speak.

I'd really love to see a big international rally held where everyone got to
meet everyone else - at Springfield it was so widespread it was like
scattering the members to the wind when there was wind, that is.

What do you know about this for instance:  "Most" members don't use their
trailer facilities for cooking or even bathing if there's a restaurant or
bath-house available.  Have you heard this type of statement before?

Can it be that big rallies must be held in cities that have lots of places
to eat because people don't cook in their Airstream trailers, etc.?  Do
people merely use their Airstreams as a rolling bedroom and bathroom
(remember about the showers available at the bath-house I mentioned above)?

Does anyone have any idea how many trailers, motorhomes, etc. are traded
into dealers with the kitchen never used much less the shower stalls?

Maybe we don't need fields with electricity as long as the host town has
hotel rooms and places to eat?

The reasons I was told big rallies are held in big cities is because people
don't cook.  Rather than renting fields we could be paying for entertainment
brought in just for us in places like Wyoming for instance where there's
never been any over-crowding.

Any thoughts?

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303