Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

Unfortunately I come late to this discussion. Tom, you sure no how to
start one don't ya.

This first section prompts one question in my mind. Where were you
during the delegates meeting? For a club that is rigid and structured
"just do it and don't ask questions" you would have been amazed what got
done in a SIX hour delegates meeting. Everybody got to speak their
piece, discussion were made and thanks to the side efforts of a Past
International President, Fred Ettline of Phred Says, the Denver unit
Pres and my self an amendment was corrected and past with an
overwhelming majority to clarify ownership qualification for vintage
coach owners. Unfortunately no officer of the VAC was there to speak for
or against the amendment, so it was left to others to make it happen.
Not bad for a bunch of  "old guard-types??
Other than complaining in forums like this how do you expect to make
changes in the club? Delegates are representatives of  individual units.
To have a constructive voice in the club you need to be a unit member.
Stay in you unit, or another, get you self selected delegate and come
and raise some h--l where you will be heard by the decision makers. It
works, I know, I had a ball.

Apparently you and I were at different rallies at Springfield.

For instance:
The ONLY day the volunteer parking committee wasn't working was Sunday.
They operated 6 days a week. And because it is a document check and
parking it takes about six volunteers to park one or a whole caravan.
The parking committee does the best they can with the volunteers they
have. Information about what to expect from parking has been posted on
the WBCCI website for many years.

In case you hadn't noticed a large part of the reason 30 amp and 3 amp
were separated was space. There was not enough room to fit everyone on
one side of the power plant. It had nothing to do with people "stealing"
power. Often times when people talk about others they project their
standards and morale's on others under the guise of "common sense" Why
would one assume or even suggest others would steal something?

Seemed to me the use of CB by Wally Byam Control is a problem that
doesn't need to be fixed. Got the frequencies, got the equipment, got an
inexpensive resource for new folks to get radios. If you have a question
about the information put out, why not ask?  When I was listening they
were answering questions over and over and over.

Getting on the Internet was actually quite simple. Just flash back to
the good ole days of dial up and go for it. We, and those around us were
online every evening. Verizon, Sprint, it didn't matter. It worked. Dial
up gets the job done for no increase in cost to attendees. If you really
had to have WI-FI you had only to go over to Vintage Thunder.