Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

Joe,

The power company "invested" over $100,000 to install the poles, wire,
transformers, etc.  WBCCI paid to rent the field and the power company
agreed to upgrade the field from nothing to something.  The power company
will not be able to rent that same field in Springfield for other outdoor
events such as ours was.  It was a win for the power company and a win for
those of us who paid the extra money.

As for the bullpen and what I think they need to do about accomodating
people such as yourself - they NEED to have parkers (yes, I know they are
volunteers, all of us are for one thing or another) on rotating schedules so
that there is *coverage*.  Coverage means that when people arrive late
according to the 'rules' I was yelled at about means that these hours would
need to extend past 4 PM of the Monday to Friday 'rule' as it now stands.

How difficult would it to be to have even one person to drive and one to
hold the flag out the window to be 'available' to those who would arrive
later than others due to what, WORK, for instance like you?  Contingency
plans need to be made to take care of OUR members and THEIR needs such as a
place to park and get the electricity they PAID FOR when they arrive late
due to their jobs, an tire failure, a traffic backup beyond their control,
etc.

When I complained about how it felt to be left in the bullpen I was told,
"Well, if  you don't like it then why don't you just turn around and GO
HOME?"

Can you imagine how you'd feel if you drove all day and night because you
had to leave late only to be told, " ... GO HOME" if you don't like how we
do things?  To say I was ticked off would be putting it mildly.

When I arrived after 4 PM there was an elderly gentleman and his wife, his
nephew and his nephew's wife just sitting there - in the HEAT - and they'd
been sitting there in the HEAT for well over an hour.  They were also told
via CB radio that it "will be tomorrow before we get to park you."  This old
man and woman and their middle-aged nephew and wife had no airconditioning,
no nothing ... and they were told in effect that it's just too bad for you,
everyone has gone home.

This is when I became a parking volunteer - and I volunteered to park
myself - and I did.  Then ... I went back and got the old couple and the
nephew and his wife and parked them right next to me.

See?  We ALL are volunteers at one time or another! ;)  I never did find
that person who told me to go home if I didn't like the way things were done
but I never stopped looking for him either!  Wish I'd been there to help you
out, Joe.

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303