Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

Tom,
>>>    I think it's ridiculous for a large group of WBCCI members to be left
>>> all weekend in the bullpen simply because the "volunteer parkers" are
>>> not "on duty".  What good did that do and just what was the point in
>>> ignoring those people ALL WEEKEND?<<<

Been there - done that, last year at the International in Lansing, Michigan.
Hard to get there for early parking when you have a 40+++ hour per we job.
It was our first rally (of any type) and by Monday morning we weren't sure
we would remain WBCCI members.  Hopefully, thay can address this in the
future.  I will say that we did attend the (last ever) Indy 500 National
Event Rally this year and things went smoother and it was a great Rally.
Maybe soon we'll even try a local/unit rally.  Nothing like doing it all
backwards.

>>> The 3-amp people and the 30-amp people were *segregated* from each
>>> other.  . . . If I'm wrong about any reason WHY our people were
>>> segregated into 2 camps of electricity supply I'd like to know it.  <<<

Supposedly, the electricity in Springfield was provided free of charge by
the utility company, but the fee covered setting up the lines.  Since people
arrive in a more or less random fashion, how could they run 3 Amp lines to
one trailer and 30A limes to the next in a common area?  I suspect that it
was easier to run only 3 Amp lines in one area and 30 Amp lines in the other
area.

As for your questions about CB's & WiFi, I agree with what has been said by
others already.  In Lansing, we took advantage of the fact that the CB radio
is a 2-way communication devices, by asking several questions.  Wi-Fi acess
is OK as long as I don't have to pay for it (don't need it - don't have a
laptop computer).

I don't think that a bad experience at the International should be your
basis to quit WBCCI.  In my limited experience, the International is a beast
unto itself and not much like other WBCCI events.  It is too big to cater to
individual needs.  The National/Event Rally we attended was much better at
about 70 total units in attendance, and some are smaller yet.  And I hear
the local/unit events can be even better than the National/Event Rally's (I
hope to find out soon).

Joe