Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

How hard would it have been to have 10 trailers sharing one 30-amp supply
line, Gerald?

> It could be that the power distribution wires for the 30 amp group were
> were ten times the power capability of those in the 3 amp group. Load
> level is generally a consideration when choosing the wire size for such
> power distribution, whether at home, industry, or rally.

I'm talking about power to broadcast that doesn't need an FCC license.  It
is entirely possible and easy to place small transmitters that legally don't
need a license all over those fields - and then just let the messages 'loop'
until they are updated during the day.  www.ccrane.com sells just such
devices and they don't need an FCC license.  I have one I use to broadcast
several acres over my property so I can pick up XM radio - it's not rocket
science nor is it illegal to do so.  It's also not pirate radio.

> FM broadcast takes a FCC license for any power that would cover the
> rally site reliably. Getting such a license can be dependent on there
> being a frequency allocation available for a particular location and
> then a temporary license may not be provided for in the FCC broadcast
> rules these days. It would be more practical to place the announcements
> as advertisements on an existing local FM or AM station. Preferably one
> that tended to middle of the road music or talk rather than extremes of
> rock or country or classical.

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303