Re: [VAL] WBCCI dues, etc. and running at large

Tom wrote:

> However, we have given lots of thought to running at large especially
> since the Int'l rally for several reasons.

Have you considered joining the Washington DC Unit?  It is a virtual
unit and none of them live in DC.

> If I'm wrong about any reason WHY our people were segregated into 2
> camps of electricity supply I'd like to know it.

I doubt if anyone on this list is privy to that level of information.

> We could have our very own small FM broadcast frequency to use for
> these events - in effect we'd have our own FM radio station - where
> messages could be looped during the day so that at any time anyone
> could easily tune into an FM frequency when they are in the area.

Have you heard folks calling Wally Byam Control, looking for answers to
their questions?  Wouldn't be able to do them with an FM broadcast.

> Why couldn't we have provided Wi-Fi to our membership at the 'camp'?

How much would you be willing to pay over and above your registration fee?

> Airstream will soon face BIG hurdles not only with the company and
> it's products but also how they will market those products to the tens
> of millions of baby-boomers who have now begun to retire.

I'm seeing the opposite, many of our members are buying newer, bigger
trailers when they retire. Do you have knowledge otherwise?

> If Airstream wants to do as they have in the past and sell 60% of
> their product to the WBCCI membership then changes are needed.

Actually, that's not the case,  Airstream has said that only about 20%
of their sales are to WBCCI members.  I don't think internal 'issues'
within the WBCCI are even apparant to new, non-member purchasers.

> New blood needs to come into the WBCCI and encouraged to join in the
> fun and fellowship AND the running of the club with new ideas,
> thoughts and deeds.

That's exactly what's been happening in our unit, why not yours?

Rob Davis
'64 GlobeTrotter
Denver, CO