[VAL] RE: 1967-68 Type 2 & 3 Phillips/Corning window issue

Gary,

Diane does not participate on the VAList as far as I know. I posted
her questions and my replies to generate some discussion. There is a
description of the Type 1, 2, and 3 Phillips/Corning windows from
1966-68 at http://www.oldtrailerstore.com (Airstream Dreams). The
differences are not the Corning glass but just the upper bar assembly
that holds the glass. Would you mind taking a look at the diagrams
posted there and see if your replacement instructions/drawings in your
manual might be more helpful. I don't agree with everything posted on
Steve's web site, but at least he offers replacement glass. Most
important if you have actually done an installation could you relate
your experience, and tell me if my reply to Diane was worthwhile. I'll
pass it along to her.

Thanks,

Forrest