Re: [VAL] Battery Boxes

I think you will end up getting one custom made for starters.  In order to
keep the load "balanced" it should be added to the axle area as previously
mentioned.

Short of having a raised tunnel to house these from side to side I imagine
you could beef up the outer edge of the floor to hold 3 batteries on each
side.  I could see taking down the belly skin to run wires from these
batteries under the floor to wherever you intend to hook them up.

If you added the extra weight to the outside edges of the trailer you'd need
to engineer a way to spread out the weight over the width of the trailer in
this area.  With the weight of these batteries you will need to strengthen
the areas from the center of the trailer outwards so a large area larger
than the batteries themselves could share the load.  Anything less and I
think you'd be asking for trouble.  I'd make sure and take the belly skin
off so I could see where the load-bearing beams are attached to the trailer
frame and then make sure to beef them up as well.

Sounds like you will be doing some welding! ;)

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303