[VAL] Is this another way of accessing the frame for repairs?

This Airstream appears to have had work on it's rear panel?
I've not seen this type of "access" patch.
Is it what I think it is - or maybe some other type of repair?
Thanks. RL
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50063&item=4537362130&rd=1

AIRSTREAM 32 INTERNATIONAL

1972 AIRSTREAM INTERNATIONAL 32 ft. rear bath with tub, 2 twins beds mid ship, front living and kitchen in middle. This is a well kept unit as it belonged to an ex president of the WBCCI(WALLY BYAM CARAVAN CLUB INTERNATIONAL) The clear coat on this unit is in great shape with a brilliant shine all over.(not high polished ). There is slight hail damage on the front quarter as shown in photo, although doesn't show up as bad as the photo shows it to be. New refrigerator and air conditioner. Awning is good shape but the internal spring is broken and will need replacing to work properly,(estimate $200-250 You have to roll it up by hand now. All other awnings are reasonable shape. It is missing the central heat unit easy to replace with used unit (available on internet or I have contacts with these for sale). It does have the catalytic heater that does good or you can use an electric heater that works just fine too. Water heater is gas and electric. There are 2 aluminum propane tanks with the new valves. Good tires, & brakes, all lights work. There is a new electric jack on the tongue. I have tried to list the things that are wrong with this unit, there are too many things to list that are great. It pulls like a dream, all hitch & leveling bars go with. If you are looking for a nice trailer this is a good one. Email questions, happy bidding, $500 deposit within 2 days of auction end. Seller has advertised locally & reserves right to end auction early.

This Photo script courtesy of www.dyn-web.com