Re: [VAL] Re: LP retailers

Alan,

What I have seen in the past is a per gallon charge with a minimum,
which usually equals a BBQ tank size.  I check before filling and try
and find a per gallon with no minimum retailer, or better yet find a
propane distributor, most open Mon-Fri but some open on Sat.  They have
knowledgeable people and the prices are usually good.

The minimum price may have to do with the time it takes an employee to
fill the tank, no self service.  I doubt that there is a regulation
regarding only charging by the unit.  Gas stations could do the same but
unless everyone did they would not get much business.  And there is self
service, except for Oregon and I think New Jersey,.

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC #5223
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon
1977 Lincoln Continental