Re: [VAL] Re: LP retailers

Alan,

One other thing you can do is have your local propane
dealer install tank at your house (I think they call them
250lbs tanks). Have them install a "dip tube" valve that
goes to the bottom of that tank. This way you will be able
to draw "liquid" propane of the big tank off the bottom. Connect a "fill
hose or connector hose" from the large tank(liquid side) to the tank you
want
to fill. Crack open the bleeder valve on the tank being filled
to reduce the pressure inside that tank. This will allow the flow
of propane from the large tank to the small "RV" tank. When
the small take is full it will start to "spit" liquid propane out the
bleeder valve, or if its a OPD it will shut the valve on the small
tank being filled. Shutoff the valve and bleeder on the small tank,
also the valve on the large tank. Unscrew the connector hose slowly
to release the pressure and your done. Most people that read
my post back to you will think I'm nuts, but it is done everday by
the propane compaines. It is called "gravity filling a tank". When
I go on long trips with my Airstream, I take an extra 15 gallon
SS balloon tank to do just this. After you seen and done
it a couple of times you will be home filling your grill tanks, etc...
Remember one thing, "always" wear leather gloves when working
with propane. It boils at -44 degrees. It will give you frost bite and
burn you even in the middle of summer!

Paul Waddell