Re: [VAL] Icky question

Actually, there are more than just 2 types of fittings.  Some may
interchange, others won't; like the Thetford.

I bought one of these "adaptors" I told you about so I'd be able to use the
new Sewer Solution I purchased a while back.  The original hose end for the
Sewer Solution didn't and wouldn't fit the Thetford connector on my trailer.

However, even using the "adapter" on the Sewer Solution connector is proving
to be a chore!

Reason?  I believe it's the O-ring in the "bottom" of the connector (not the
adaptor) that needs to be lubricated so that when I "PUSH" the Sewer
Solution connector "on" it will slightly depress the O-ring which will allow
it to then be able to "twist" and "lock" in place.

I have some teflon-based tow-hitch ball lubricant I am going to coat the
Sewer Solution O-ring with and from then on it "should" work nicely.

IF your problem is that even with the adaptor for the other brand of
connector it won't "fit right" then I would suspect a dry seal which you
will want to lubricate so it doesn't tear.

Tom