Re: [VAL] Icky question

    Daisy
    I agree with Bob, that it may be a worn seal on the connection.
    But if you have a new Thetford dump valve and are using a Universal
straight or elbow hose connection, this may be the problem. The Universal
fittings work as far as fit but not real good at sealing, so they leak
exspecially when dumping the tank.
The solution, provided you have a Thetford dump vale and universal hose
connection is to get a Thetford hose connection. Works much better. No leak,
no mess.
    As for making it easier to hook up the hose to dump valve. What I do, is
open the dump valve door a little and let it rest on my right arm as I look
thru to the hose connection so I can line it up and twist on. Or another trick
is to hook the door latch loosley so you can see thru the crack, works well
when your right arm is burned and you can't rest anything on it.

Bobby
'73 Ambassador (center bath)