Re: [VAL] Icky question

Daisy,
I went through this with my 1964 Ambassador International about two years
ago, and I found that even with a new Thetford coupler on the stinky slinky
hose, there was still a mismatch. It seems at some point even Thetford
modified the design of the valve coupling, and the newer Thetford couplings
don't fit the original white Thetford valve body correctly. I do not know
when they changed the design, however I ended up having to change the
flange on the original valve tail piece to get the newer Thetford hose
coupling to fit right. Once you do this, it is a positive seal and no leak
problems or surprises. I obtained the new valve tail piece flange from
Inland RV. I think the fellow at Inland that set me straight on this was
Greg. He knew what the problem was and explained to me how to fix it. He
even sent me a copy of a picture of one they were fixing in the shop at the
time so I could see it.

--
Mitch Hill - K1FH
WBCCI 21960