RE: [VAL] airconditioner compressors and NOISE...

Jim,
While I agree with you in theory, I do believe that we all need to keep the
surrounding environment in mind when we utilize properties.  We should
respect others and not radically change the environment they expect to find.
I can tell you that I was very upset one night in the mountains of Utah when
a motor home pulled within 10' of my camper with his generator running after
10:00!  We were the only two campers in a very large open area ( over 1/4
mile) and he had room to move several hundred feet away and not impact me or
impair his access.  He did move the next morning which made me very happy.
Yes he had a right to be there and do what he pleased, but I thought he was
very inconsiderate of me.

Conversely, I was hunting in New Mexico 15 miles from any major road and
found that my only source of power was a generator that was much louder than
expected.  Coupled with a rental trailer with a poor battery meant that we
had to run the gen every day to keep the battery good for a couple of hours.
We ended up returning to camp mid-day to run the gen for an hour to give us
enough power to make it through dinner.  Only had a couple of rigs within
500 feet, but didn't want to interfere with their peaceful evenings.

Its not an issue of ACs, rather an issue of respect for others.

BTW, I've since purchased a Eu2000i so noise really isn't an issue while
boon docking.  I plan to get a second one so I can run my AC where ever I
want and still be courteous to any real or potential neighbors.
Pete