Re: [VAL] airconditioner compressors and NOISE...

Pete, thank you, that was very nicely expressed.  I too think this is an
issue of respect and consideration for others, not what we have the
right to subject others around us to.

I recently bought the Honda EU3000IS specifically because it was rated
at the lowest decible level I could find, even though equivalent-sized
generators can be had for half the price or less. (Note to list: no
intention to be patting self on back here! :) ) This past July in
sweltering heat in western Ontario, I ran it about 1 1/2 hours per day,
broken up to about 20 minutes at a time,  and when we were leaving after
5 days, our neighbor camper came over to chat and complimented me on the
quiet generator.  He wanted to know the model so he could check into one
for himself.

I do think it is a false dichotomy to say "I *have* to have  A/C, a
generator, etc etc. because..(insert your own special case here)."   We
all make choices; having pets is a choice, camping/trailering is a
choice, travelling in a warm climate is a choice. Nobody *has* to do any
of these things; they are choices made for our pleasure and
convenience.  Seems to me we all  can have respect and consideration for
other people's  legitimate concerns around us as we exercise those
personal choices.

John
WBCCI 4682
1966 Sovereign