[VAL] awning channel

hello all
my 66 safari had old and broken carefree awning rails when i purchased it but
no awning. i removed the attached rails and intend to have a awning made that
will utilize stand alone awning poles rather than the attached railing type.
this type of awning will not roll up like it did originally but will have to
be removed after use prior to travel. the trailer has mounted on the roof an
aluminum c channel extrusion that holds the fabric awning. i believe that you
have a loop sewn into the fabric which is inserted into the c channel and then
held in place by some sort of plastic tubular insert which slides into the
fabric loop and is held in place by the c channel. my question is: where to
obtain this plastic tube? ...or is there a better method. i don't particularly
like the looks of the attached awning rails. any help would be appreciated.
thanks

harry
66 safari
franktown co