[VAL] Re: Riveting

Hi All,

As I've been polishing the top (or at least as far as I can reach!) of
Pearl I've noticed a few rivets missing. The outside rivet heads are
much larger than the inside so what size do I need? Can I use the pop
riveter I got from Home Depot? And, can I rivet in the same spot or is
the stem from the missing head still there?

Second question: I've got to do something about the small dip on the
driveway where I hit the spare tire carrier. Would putting a large,
heavy board at that spot help? Or would it snap from the weight of the
trailer. It's just one quick spot where in the past if I gunned it I
could get past it without hitting. The tire carrier is just a hair
lower than the rear bumper.

Thanks for all help! I'm working full speed ahead to get everything
ready before I leave for Lansing then head west on 6/24!! The highlight
of the summer will be the Rocky Mt. VAC rally!!!

Patti