Re: [VAL] 1964 Safari

Hugh: This is Tom Birdsong in Gulfport Ms.( Work at Keesler A.F.B. Fire
station in Biloxi ). I too have a Safari A/S 1963 . Also I've owned it for
about two months.So I've been down some of the roads that you are going down,
maybe not quite as far but similar none the less.You'll find people on this
list to be most kind and helpful.
 I don't know about your wood surfaces but the cabinets that are original to
my trailer are veneered plywood. I've looked at several and it seems to me
that most wood is of some type of veneer.Burch being used more so than most.
My trailer was made up in Ohio as I suspect that your very well could of
been from the same plant.Some body posted a while back information about
serial numbers but I didn't keep it .I'm sure it will turn up again.
However I do have a lot of information (factory) about my trailer .As it
came with the purchase. And if you'd like I'll share them with you,as time
permits.
In of the best sources that I've found for original parts is "inlandrv.com"
They really have a lot of stuff not cheap but a lot just the same.Also over
here is a plumbing supply house that can locate or has a lot of the original
type of plumbing supplies.The company name is "Plumb parts" on Pass road in
Gulfport.I'd recommend that you identify or take with you the part or parts
that you require to their shop ,as they do not have a catalog . If I can do
anything to help please call or come by. And I'll do the best I can to
assist .Tom Birdsong