[VAL] 67 safari stuff

Thanks to all of you wise people out there, I am now able to lock my door
on my trailer. Who would have thought that that would be so difficult?
While cleaning out the trailer, I found lots of presents. One of them was
the outer cover for the deadbolt. I am going to take the rest of the
deadbolt off, and fix the guts. They are seized at the moment. Must have
frustrated the PO something awful! Looks like they had to pry the cover
off, and use force to get in. What a drag. Right now the door has a bungee
around the door handle and the assist handle to do the job of making sure
that the door stays closed in transit.

Another present that I found was a motor, with a receipt for $98. I was
scratching my head over this one, but I found out where it went! I tried
plugging in the trailer, to see if I was going to get electrocuted or not.
Turns out I didn't. While I was playing with the lights and such, I
discovered that the fan over the stove did not work all that well. It
worked in fits and starts, actually. Voila! I have a replacement motor for it!

I discovered that the drainage system works just fine, by pouring a jug of
water down the sink, listen to it gurgle, and watch it come out the back
end. There wasn't a cap for the pipe, but while I was rooting around in the
bathroom, I found a paper bag with all sorts of goodies in it, one of which
is a cap. This cap also has a hose attachment on it, as well.

I was going to hitch up our water system to the trailer, but discovered
that I couldn't. I wasn't all that upset about it, as there was an air
compressor attachment on the pipe. Drainage hoses where functional, as
well. It looks like they actually winterized it before storing! Yay! Good
chance that the plumbing will still be good!

With bated breath, I pulled the dump valve on the black water tank. At
first it stuck, but then it opened up, and nothing came out. I figured that
was great! I will fill the sucker up with water and see if it leaks
anywhere obvious.

As for toilets, the plastic one is the one that came with the trailer, and
is supposedly broken. I don't know in what respect, though. The thing looks
grim, but the slider seems to work.  The Aqua magic (plastic) has a slider
valve, and the porcelain has something like a ball valve. Which one works
better? Or does it matter?

I have not been able to try the 12 volt system, or the propane, as of yet.
Soon!

Speaking of 12 volt, I don't have any covers that I have been able to
locate for the 12 volt lights. How did these suckers switch on and off?

One bummer is that it looks like the fridge might be pooched. I am going to
check out the electrical stuff first to see if there is a bad connection
somewhere.

The more I dig around in our trailer, the happier I am. It does have a few
things wrong with it, and some things that are going to need to be
addressed soon, but overall, I think that we got ourselves a smoking deal
on the tin can!

Sharon, in BC, getting ready for our first camping trip with the tincan. I
get to get the trailer ready, and hubby gets to put a motor in the truck,
so that we have something a bit cheaper to drive than my rocket!