Re: [VAL] electrical woes

Hi Scott,

Rather than wait to read all the proposed fixes, I thought I might pose a
few more questions and let the experts do the whole ball of wax at once.

First off, I don't think it's a good idea to have the GFI inside the trailer
and  off the main AC box.  If there's a break in the electric line before
the box, the trailer could be neutral or ground hot to some standing on the
ground and  holding a door knob.  Just my thought.  A GFI at the plug for
the shore line seems OK as I have it at my home.  This way, any short
between ground/neutral/etc. would trip the GFI.  Then, 30 amp GFIs are very
expensive.  Then, sometimes a GFI fails .  .  .

I must assume that all appliances are out of the circuits, including the Air
Conditioning unit, refrigerator.  Would be nice to know what you had on the
circuit that now opens the breaker.  A microwave?  It's isolated to one
circuit and definitely a shorted wire?  So, with all power off (AC and DC)
you have continuity between the frame and the hot? Or, is it between the hot
and neutral?

All this said, I'm sure interested in the resolution as it might happen to
me sometime.

Regards,

'69 Safari, Joy