[VAL] electrical woes

Hi gang,

Got another electrical question for you all. A couple of weeks ago we were
camping and all of a sudden the trailer seems to have developed a short on a
positive line on one of the 115V circuits in my trailer (that circuit
breaker flips immediately when the trailer is plugged in with a spark! I
just finished looking for an obvious short at the outlets on that circuit
with no success. A couple things about the trailer...
1) No univolt, no battery charger, so the 115V system is isolated from the
12V system with the exception of the ground.
2) First thing out of the breaker box the circuit goes to a ground fault
outlet. It is not triping, so I assume that the problem is not with the
neutral.
3) The 115V wiring seems to use a central "umbilical" line, with a seperate
wire coming off this central line to power each item in the circuit. At each
outlet/fixture THERE ARE ONLY 2 WIRES PRESENT. One positive and one neutral.
4) There are no access panels for the wiring. The only way to expose more of
the wiring is to gut the trailer and pull down the interior wall. This is
something that I really do not want to do just 3 weeks before a major rally!

Is there some way to isolate a portion of the wiring without tearing the
trailer apart?

Could the problem be with the breaker itself?

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander