Re: [VAL] Frame Seperation

Hi Bill:

It sounds to me that you may be mixing two quite different problems here.
One problem (tail droop) involves failure of the frame in the vicinity of
the axles and is fixed by installing stiffener plates to reinforce it.  This
fix is covered by Bulletin No. 29 - Main Frame Reinforcement.

The other problem is that of frame separation where the frame integrity is
OK but the body has become disconnected from the frame due to failure of the
fasteners that connect them.  This fix is covered by Bulletin No. 1 - Shell
to Chassis Separation 1968 through 1972 Models.  This fix is somewhat
different for the 1968 (and earlier I suppose) and the 1969 and later
models.  Each require access to the body channel / frame fasteners by either
de-riveting skin near the problem and peeling it back ('68) or cutting an
access hole through it ('69+).

Sounds like you have a disconnected body but are you sure you don't have
frame failure as well?  It's the "If I step lightly on the bumper it will
move...." part that I would look at.  Make sure the whole side of the
trailer is moving up and down when you step on it and not just the part with
the bumper on it.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA