Re: [VAL] Peel and Stick Tiles

I have the peel and stick tiles in my 66 safari and they stay down fine.
They must be fitted well and not forced too tightly togther, as they will
buckle when really hot. I mean really hot like in direct florida sun. If
you are forcing them together, that's too tight. Their biggest advange is
the adhesive is not responsive to water, so leaks don't  result in loose
tiles.

From my experince I would avoid light colors as they do show scars and
scapes, and very decidedly so. The material is sort of soft, and my costume
boots with steel heel plates tore them up. After replacing some of them
with new tiles, I put down some clear floor finish like mop & glow, with
wonderful results. It really toughens them up.

I have a black and white checkerboard pattern in my rear bath which
everyone loves, and goes well with the seafoam green fixtures.

Before I put down the Mop&glow, they looked filthy fast. I hated them, and
wanted to change the pattern out. They stay bright and clean now, with the
product.

The best thing about the peel & stick tiles is they adhere (sic) to the
first rule of restoring anything. "Never do anything you can't undo." When
you want to change out even individual tiles, you just heat them up with a
hair dryer and you can, with a scraper, get them up without too much
trouble. That, and being able to get them amost anywhere, makes for an
easy fix while out on the road. And since I will be performing all over
the country this year, that's important.

Alex In Melbourne (instead of Indiana)
66 Safari & Overlander