Re: [VAL] VAL tire skids

Hi All:

Note that the skid that RJ is referring to is chassis mounted near between
the wheel and the back bumper.  An acceptable location as far as I'm
concerned.  A final word from me on this subject (a welcome prospect to many
I'm sure) is to consider this:
If it is generally accepted that it is not advisable to place a jack under
the Dura-Torque axle, rather under the frame proximate to the wheel, why
would it be acceptable to place an even greater load on the axle in the same
location?  Kind of a "Shock and Awe" situation.  Apply a substantial shock
load and say, "Awe, my axle is bent....".

Happy New Year to you all,

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA