[VAL] Tires (old thread)

This is a response to a thread from a week ago (or so).  I deleted the
original post so the subject (probably) doesn't match.

I find a good source of tire information can be found at www.tirerack.com.
On the home page under the more prominent drop down boxes (which search
based on your vehicle model) there is a link called 'search your tire size'.

Whether or not I make my purchase through Tire Rack, their large variety of
brands make relative price comparisons easy.  Keep in mind, Tire Rack is
mail order, so their prices are for tires only not mounting and balancing.
Of course if you decide to buy from them there will also be a shipping
charge (UPS or FEDEX).  Even if you buy tires locally, the information at
Tire Rack can help determine a ballpark price.

(I have no business or personal relationship with Tire Rack.)

In my opinion tires are a safety and handling issue.  If you want to save a
few dollars, save it deciding between high quality choices.

Craig