Re: [VAL] Tires (old thread)

Craig -

I agree. Saving money by buying cheap tires isn't saving money. You will
eventually pay much more....

SAM's Club has the Michelin LTX M/S, sized P255/70 R16 for $125.00,
installed. However, I don't belong to SAM's Club. I DO have a COSTCO
membership, and they had them for $135 installed, so I ordered four. (yah -
I know, I could have almost paid for my SAM's membership with the savings,
but I already have too many cards in my wallet :-).

The cheapest price I found at a "regular" Tire Store was $159, at Tire
Discounters. Most other places were in the $170's.

In addition, I get a free DVD player from Michelin for buying four tires... :-)

This is a "Highway" tire, not "All Terrain". Since I use my truck on
roadways 98% of the time, I figured I might as well avoid the rough/noisy
ride that the All Terrain tires tend to produce. I hope that I wont have
problems the few time I need to drive off road, which is usually just
pulling the trailer on grass or gravel, or unloading a load of mulch in
someone's yard....

Dave